The Highway Capacity Software, version 7 (HCS7), includes updated modules to implement the Highway Capacity Manual 6th Edition (HCM6) procedures for signalized intersections, urban streets, alternative intersections, roundabouts, freeway facilities, basic freeway segments, freeway weaving segments, freeway merge & diverge segments, and multilane highways, while the methodologies for two-way stop control, all-way stop control and two-lane highways are unchanged.
The Freeways module now models travel time reliability for travel time index and reliability rating from analyzing hundreds of scenarios for the variance of demand, weather, incidents, work zones, and special events over time. Freeways also now accounts for the cross-weaving effects that can reduce general purpose lane capacity for on-ramp traffic accessing managed lanes and managed lane traffic accessing off-ramps, which also facilitates demand variance within the managed lane facility. A new heat-map feature has been added to the report options.
Roundabout segments can be modeled within an urban street with roundabout boundary intersections, as well as the addition of adjustable passenger-car equivalents in the Roundabouts module.
The Streets module now includes a Signal Timing and Phasing report for multiple signals on one page. Quick Streets now supports templates for importing Jamar and Miovision data. The SynchroToStreets tool has been updated to refine this conversion from Synchro data files.
A new Highway Safety Software (HSS) tool has been added to implement the Highway Safety Manual (HSM) procedures for urban and suburban arterials and intersections, as well as rural two-lane roads and multilane highways.
- Signalized Intersections: Unsignalized Movements; Combined Grade/Heavy Vehicle Adjustment
- Urban Streets: Travel Time Reliability; Parking Adjustment and Calibration Terms; LOS A/B Threshold
- Alternative Intersections: Median U-Turn; Restricted Crossing U-Turn; Displaced Left Turn
- Interchanges: Diverging Diamond Interchanges; Interchange O-D Graphics; Experienced Travel Time
- Roundabouts: Revised Capacity Equations; Roundabout Segments; Passenger-Car Equivalents
- Freeway Segments: Managed Lane Analysis; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Weaving Segments: Cross Weave Adjustment; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Merge & Diverge Segments: Density All Lanes; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Freeway Facilities: Travel Time Reliability; Managed Lane Flows; Work Zones; Truck Procedures