Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees are offered in Civil Engineering with emphasis on Transportation Engineering. The academic program in Civil Engineering is housed in the Engineering school of Sustainable Infrastructure and Environment within the College of Engineering. The students learn and research about various topics including:
- Connected & automated vehicles
- Big data and data analytics
- The theory of traffic flow
- Simulation and optimization of transportation systems
- Traveler behavior
- Infrastructure design and monitoring
- Dynamic traveler information systems
- Safety and sustainability of multi-modal transportation systems
Students may also undertake their research in transportation engineering topics while pursuing their degrees in other programs such as computer science, mechanical engineering, occupational therapy, industrial and systems engineering, and urban and regional planning.
If you are interested in such an option please refer to the academic programs of the appropriate departments for information on the degrees and requirements.