I-STREET Living Lab
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), and the City of Gainesville (CoG) and the UFTI have partnered to create the Implementing Solutions from Transportation Research and Evaluating Emerging Technologies (I-STREET) Living Lab on the UF campus and surrounding highway network. The testbed deploys and evaluates numerous advanced technologies including connected and autonomous vehicles, smart devices, and sensors. lt also develops and applies novel applications to enhance mobility and safety.
Dr. Pruthvi Manjunatha
The McTrans Center at the University of Florida develops, distributes and supports software programs fortraffic engineering and transportation planning applications, including the Highway Capacity Software(HCS), TSIS-CORSIM and TRANSYT-7F. It also offers training courses and the highest level of technical support provided for these package.
Dr. Behzad Aghdashi
The STRIDE Center is the 2016 USDOT Region 4 (Southeast) University Transportation Center (UTC) housed at the University of Florida Transportation Institute (UFTI). STRIDE’s mission is to develop novel strategies for Reducing Congestion. The Center has nine partners, representing seven states in the Southeastern U.S.
Ines Aviles-Spadoni, M.S.
Technology Transfer Center
As an umbrella organization for many national and state-based programs, the T2 Center provides training, technical assistance, technology transfer services, and safety information to transportation, public works, and safety professionals as well as the general public. Our mission is to transform engineering research and technology into common practice and to foster a safe, efficient, environmentally sound transportation system by improving skills, and knowledge.
Dr. Nithin Agarwal
UFTI Affiliated Centers & core departments
Please find the Centers affiliated with the UF Transportation Institute and core departments below:
- Center for Applied Optimization
- Center for Health & The Built Environment
- Department of Civil & Coastal Engineering
- Efficient Transportation Decision Making (ETDM)
- Human Systems Engineering Lab
- Florida Bicycle Safety Education Program
- Geo-Facilities Planning and Information Research Center
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Institute for Driving, Activity, Participation, and Technology (I-DAPT)
- Supply Chain and Logistics Engineering Center
- Urban and Regional Planning