Tom Byron to Take Over as New UFTI EAB Chair

Tom Byron, PE, assistant secretary of Intermodal Systems Development at the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), will be serving as the new chair of the UFTI’s External Advisory Board (EAB). Milton Carrasco, P. Eng., M. Eng., has just concluded his three-year term as the UFTI’s first EAB chair.

“Milton Carrasco has provided incredible leadership in the development of the UFTI strategic plan and in the growth of the institute,” said Dr. Lily Elefteriadou, professor and director of the UFTI. “His extensive business experience, coupled with his willingness to mentor the UFTI faculty and staff in a wide range of topics, has been instrumental in our success.”

“It was a true pleasure serving as Chair of the Advisory Committee of the UFTI. In the four years that have transpired since its inception, it is truly special to see the positive advances that UFTI has made in its endeavor to be the country’s leading Transportation Engineering Institution,” said Carrasco. “I want to thank the Board members and Dr. Elefteriadou for their support during my term as Chair. I am also extremely happy that Tom Byron has accepted to Chair the committee for the next term! I am absolutely positive that Tom will bring new ideas and energy to propel UFTI to the next levels.”

“I am very thankful that Tom Byron has agreed to lead the UFTI’s EAB, he is a very strong and effective leader and I am looking forward to working with him to further strengthen the UFTI,” said Elefteriadou.