A Request for Information has been released (see below) to invite industry partners, private sector developers, research entities and transportation innovators of emerging technologies and transportation solutions to express interest in partnering. We are looking for deployment-oriented approaches for real-world demonstration and testing. The anticipated outcome is assisting our partners to transition from development to realization of transportation safety and mobility benefits as quickly as possible. Our mission engaging with partners is:
- To leverage the several ongoing efforts at FDOT, UF and COG, including the use of the hardware and soft solutions being deployed for realizing the benefits from connected vehicle (CV) technologies to improve the safety and mobility of road users. This initiative plans to provide partners with data and any other output to be sourced from the ongoing projects at FDOT.
- To collaborate with and provide every possible assistance to Testbed Partners to demonstrate and test a wide range of solutions that have the potential to increase the rate of delivery of fatality-free and congestion-free transportation systems for all transportation system users.
- To provide environs ranging from freeways to high-pedestrian volume arterials. Each of the environs is or is planned to be equipped with Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and/or CV infrastructure.
- To provide technical, evaluation, and financial resources to assist partners to transition testbed solutions from the laboratory and design to wide-scale field deployment.
- To cooperatively share the results of successful testbed solutions demonstration and testing with the various industry groups to which the partners belong.