Planning & Policy
Research in transportation planning and policy addresses a wide range of issues that affect the planning, design, and building of an intermodal transportation system at the local, regional, and state level. Research in this area has addressed advanced modeling techniques, including activity-based models, the coordination of transportation investments with land use decision-making, bicycle and pedestrian planning, and the interaction of pricing on travel behavior and safety. Research in this area includes scans of practices used in states, advanced geographic information system (GIS) analysis, and advanced econometric methods to develop tools and inform policy.
- Modeling the effect of accessibility and congestion in location choice.
- Impact of the Federal Safe Routes to School Program on Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety, Final Report: Washington, DC and Miami-Dade County, Florida.
- Expanded Transportation Performance Measures to Supplement Level of Service (LOS) for Growth Management and Transportation Impact Analysis.
- Impact of Parking Supply and Demand Management on Central Business District (CBD) Traffic Congestion, Transit Performance and Sustainable Land Use: A Study of the Impact of Parking Supply and Demand Management, Final Report.
- Regional Cooperation in Transportation Planning, Final Report.
- Model Exchange Information System (MXIS) – Prepared for the Florida Department of Transportation.
- Development of a Prototype Model for Statewide Transportation Planning Activities.
- Vehicle-Miles-of-Travel (VMT)-Based Traffic Impact Assessment: Development of a Trip Length Model.
- Procedure for Forecasting Household Characteristics for Input to Travel-Demand Models.
- Trip Generation Characteristics of Special Generators.
- Tour-Generation Models for Florida.
- Route-Choice Modeling using GPS-Based Travel Surveys.
- Florida Long Distance Travel Characteristics and Their Impacts on Transportation Systems.
Ruth L. Steiner, Ph.D. Professor Department of Urban and Regional Planning firstname.lastname@example.org
Siva Srinivasan, Ph.D. Associate Professor Department of Civil and Coastal Engineering email@example.com
Ilir Bejleri, Ph.D. Associate Professor Department of Urban and Regional Planning firstname.lastname@example.org
Abhinav Alakshendra, Ph.D. Assistant Professor Department of Urban and Regional Planning email@example.com
Zhong-Ren Peng Professor Department of Urban and Regional Planning firstname.lastname@example.org