The Southeastern Transportation Research, Innovation, Development and Education (STRIDE) Center is a USDOT/RITA grant-funded, regional University Transportation Center (UTC) headquartered at the University of Florida that conducts transportation-related research in the areas of safety, livable communities and economic competitiveness. Through the strong interdisciplinary network of researchers and educators across the southeastern U.S. and nationally, the Center will advance the state-of-the art in transportation and develop a robust workforce for designing, implementing and managing the transportation systems of the future. Through collaboration with state DOTs and their representatives, as well as private agencies and professional organizations, STRIDE will improve the transportation system and collectively expand its outreach in the Southeast and the nation.
The McTrans Center at the University of Florida distributes and supports software programs for traffic engineering and transportation planning applications, including the Highway Capacity SoftwareTM (HCS 2010TM), TSIS-CORSIMTM and TRANSYT-7FTM, with training courses and the highest level of technical support provided for these packages.
As an umbrella organization for many national and state-based programs, the T2 Center provides training, technical assistance, technology transfer services, and safety information to transportation, public works and safety professionals as well as the general public. Our mission is to transform engineering research and technology into common practice and to foster a safe, efficient, environmentally sound transportation system by improving skills, and knowledge.
UFTI Affiliated Centers
Please find the Centers affiliated with the UF Transportation Institute below:
- Center for Applied Optimization
- Center for Health & The Built Environment
- Department of Civil & Coastal Engineering
- Effecient Transportation Decision Making (ETDM)
- Florida Bicycle Safety Education Program
- Geo-Facilities Planning and Information Research Center
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Institute for Mobility, Activity & Participation
- National Older Driver Research and Training Center (NORDTC)
- Supply Chain and Logistics Engineering Center
- Urban and Regional Planning