McTrans Continues Highway Capacity Analysis Webinar Series
This webinar series presents lectures, software demonstrations and application examples on the Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) procedures – including updates in the 6th Edition. Step-by-step instruction of the HCM methodologies will be provided for each analytical chapter. The Highway Capacity Software (HCS) implements and automates the HCM procedures. Each lecture will be followed by working example problems and a software demonstration using HCS7. A comprehensive workbook is provided to include all presentation slides.
The series is organized as follows with all presented from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM EST. Registration is provided in four sections (Streets, Unsignal, Freeways and Highways) with the Overview included with any registration and a discount for the entire series. All webinars will be limited to the first twenty-five registrations to ensure questions and discussion can be managed appropriately. You can access detailed course descriptions and register here: http://mctrans.ce.ufl.edu/training/.
Webinar Series Schedule
Overview May 9
- HCM and HCS Overview, Major Changes, Principles, Concepts
Streets May 10, 11, 12
- Signalized Intersections (NEMA, Phase Duration, Multiple-Periods)
- Urban Streets (Flow Profile, Access Points, Travel Time Reliability)
- Ramp Terminals and Alternative Intersections (DDI, DLT, RCUT, MUT)
Unsignal May 16
- Unsignalized Intersections (TWSC, AWSC, Roundabouts, Corridors)
Freeways May 17, 18
- Freeway Segments (Basic, Weaving, Merge & Diverge)
- Freeway Facilities (Travel Time Reliability, ATDM)
Highways May 19
- Highway Segments (Multilane Highways, Two-Lane Highways)
For more information, contact Bill Sampson, director of McTrans at email@example.com or 352-392-0378.